Petals Master is an open-source Web application that allows to register and manage services (in the SOA sense of the term).
Petals Master supports 4 aspects:
- Services management: it allows you to add, browse and search services into the registry.
- Organizations management: it allows you to manage entities like organizations, posts and persons.
- Runtime (platforms) management: it allows you to connect Petals Master with a service execution environment like an enterprise service bus (e.g. Petals ESB), an application server, etc.
- Administration: it allows you to manage Petals Master database, settings, etc.
Petals Master can be queried through Web services.
It currently supports 3 API:
- UDDI Inquiry v2.
- UDDI Inquiry v3.
- A custom Inquiry (not yet but soon) API.
The management of service's life cycle and SLA (with WS-Agreement) is planned but not already available.
Please, note that the application is available in English and soon in French!
Petals Master being a Java Web application, it can run on any application server (e.g. Apache Tomcat).
As a Java application, you imperatively need a Java Virtual Machine to run it. More precisely, you need a JDK 6.
Eventually, you need a database (several types are supported) and a Web browser.
More details about Software and Hardware requirements are given in the installation guide.
Petals Master is licensed under the terms of the LGPL License.
The source code for Petals Master can be found on the OW2 Forge.